Car Care & Preventative Maintenance
If you own a vehicle, routine maintenance is important. A properly maintained and operated vehicle will run more efficiently, safer, and can last considerably longer. Following our tips below will help keep your vehicle's impact on the environment low and life long.
Due to varying requirements by manufacturer, always consult your owner's manual for service and maintenance schedules.
- Change the oil and filter every 3,000 - 4,000 miles.
- Check all fluids including:
- Power Steering
- Windshield Washer Solvent
- Check tire pressure - under inflated tires can result in a loss of fuel efficiency.
- Keep your engine tuned with fully functioning spark plugs, ignition coils, and fuel injectors.
- Have your vehicles chassis lubricated to extend the suspension system's life.
- Keep the battery cables clean any corrosion from the connections.
- Check the lighting systems including:
- Turn Signals
- Brake Lights
- Check windshield wiper blades for damage and replace accordingly.
- Inspect engine belts. Any wear can effect performance and immediately replace if cracks are found.
- Check air filtration frequently for clogs or damage. Clear and consistent airways are imperative for your engine's performance.